About Me

My photo
Oh deary. About me sections are always my least favorite. My name is Laura, I like typing, singing off key, belittling myself, watching movies, hanging out with friends, and lots of other normal teenager things. I like animals and Italian food and I find Harrison Ford attractive. I love vitiman water, Nutella, pom poms and Converse.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

mhm

"If I had a minute every hour that I wasted, I'd be rich in time." -Jack Johnson

I was thinking about that tonight. After an extremely fun softball practice, I came home and took a bath. I haven't done that in quite a while. I felt like I was 5 again. But anyway back to the quote. How much time have I wasted? How many breaths have I not even realized I've been taking? You know, I can go a whole minute only exhaling and inhaling 4 times each. How many more breaths do I use than that on accident?
What if everyone's life was like "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids?" The teenage girl finds the perfect boy. The father learns to appreciate his family. The parents stop their fighting and realize how much they love each other. Not to mention, the father's invention works, so you know they're going to be rich and they get to eat a huge turkey in the end. Why can't we go through a trouble like having to suffer a day being tiny and then have the rest of our lives set out for us?
Why do they only sell Peeps on four holidays? Why can't the infatuated be infatuating? Why is midnight the end of a day?
I don't know. And I have my whole life to figure these things out, but how much time have I wasted? How long is my "whole life?" I'm scared it won't be long enough. I know it won't be. I will never be able to do all the things I say I want to do.
I want to fall in love and I want to go to New York and I want to watch the "Wizard of Oz" with my children and I want to get a perm.

I said I would post about Mexico, but I just don't know what to say about it. It changed my life. That's all I can say. I developed self respect for myself, and discovered the value of trust. Most importantly, I swear I will never take city lights for granted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment