About Me

My photo
Oh deary. About me sections are always my least favorite. My name is Laura, I like typing, singing off key, belittling myself, watching movies, hanging out with friends, and lots of other normal teenager things. I like animals and Italian food and I find Harrison Ford attractive. I love vitiman water, Nutella, pom poms and Converse.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Laura says "Relax."

Today I took sort of a mental health day. Yes, I do have a cold, it's true, but I mainly stayed home because I needed some time to myself. I did need sleep and I still have a cough so I don't feel guilty admitting that I skipped.
Time off is nice. I didn't have to worry about getting up and putting makeup on. I didn't have to worry about fixing my hair. Nope, I just layed on the couch with my favorite blanket watching Hairspray. A little while later, when I looked in the mirror, I laughed. My cheek had these 2 giant pimples on it, my bangs were all sticking out to the side and the rest of my hair was waving uncontroably and my eyes looked tiny due to lack of eyeliner. I looked horrible, but I just shrugged it off. That is who I am and that is what I look like without all that extra time and unknown chemicals. I'm finally coming to live with the fact that I am who I am and I can't change it. I've finally started respecting myself. I'm in tune with the fact that I'm not beautiful or thin or perfect. I'm just ordinary and that's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment