About Me

My photo
Oh deary. About me sections are always my least favorite. My name is Laura, I like typing, singing off key, belittling myself, watching movies, hanging out with friends, and lots of other normal teenager things. I like animals and Italian food and I find Harrison Ford attractive. I love vitiman water, Nutella, pom poms and Converse.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Yes, that really happened.

This time last year I was writing a research paper about the Virgo Cluster. I can tell you nothing about it now. This time last year I was obsessed with Jim Sturgess. Now, I'm not quite sure if his middle name is Anthony or Antonio (I'm 98% sure it's Anthony). This time last year my favorite movie was a tie between Hairspray! and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Now, it's either Moulin Rouge! or Edward Scissorhands.
So, I was taking a stroll down Memory Lane by looking through my old binder. Notes, drawings, quickwrites, inside jokes and I don't remember why they were funny, those stupid red/orange papers that they gave us every week. So many things are fresh in my mind again. "We just made a parabola!" I can hear Emily say like it was last week. Or, "The climax of the book was where he couldn't eat the cookies," Will says in literature circles. Tallie, Drew, and my laughter fills the room afterwords. Those letters Tallie wrote to me every week and those pictures Jenny drew for me when I was PMSing. There was a note I found, I'm not even sure who it was between, discussing my crush on Clayton. Clayton Spencer... Oh deary me, did that ever really happen? Sip cards and AR points... FR00, what did that stand for again?..."I bet we're not wearing the same UNDERWEAR!"...Taylor...Chambers..."That hat was retarded."

Julia, I still don't forgive you for that, haha.

1 comment:

  1. haha, peaches, Laura, peaches.


    :) Awwh. i miss all of those inside jokes ever so dearly.

    ReplyDelete